3.8 73
North Carolina 133015
17 -20 May 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This was our second stay at Smith Lake. 1) We arrived a couple of hours before the posted Check-In time and had to wait until Check-In time to be given our site assignment. There was plenty of parking area for us to wait in. So, just a note, you can arrive early, there is plenty of room to have a comfortable wait, but you can not check-in. 2) When allowed to Check-In there was some problems with my reservation. I do not believe this to be recurring problem, but you may want to confirm your reservations a few days after you make them. 3) My final concern is more of a safety issue. I ride a motorcycle, the roads are gravel, very steep, curved, and posted as "One Way". On two occasions, I was driving my motorcycle down a steep, gravel, curved road when a government-owned ATV came around the corner going the wrong way and at a very brisk pace. I was able to apply my brakes slowly and avoid the tires locking up, sliding over the gravel and causing damage to motorcycle and myself. If the park reads these reviews, "Please abide by your own speed limits and road signs. NOW THE GOOD. It is a very nice place to stay. It is like real camping. The setting is peaceful. The shower facilities are good. It is a bit dusty, but not as bad as some places. When planning your trips into Fort Bragg and Fayetteville, please note that many things are closed on Sundays and Mondays. Overall a great place.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or