3.8 73
North Carolina 133297
September 10-12, 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We spent three nights at campsite 3A and had a good experience. This is one of the full hookup campsites on the upper ring. I learned that programming 1199 Honeycutt Road into my GPS took me to the new paved road going into MWR and the campground. They are telling people use 1200, but that is actually on the opposite side of the road. The MWR office is now closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, but there was a package with our name in a holder on the front porch of MWR that had a map and information that we needed to get to the campsite. We went in on Thursday and paid the rest of our fee and the personnel were very hospitable. The restroom and shower facilities looked pretty new and were always clean. We used the laundry facility, which is on the back of the second (older) restroom facility. The washers and dryers looked almost new and worked fine. All the sites now have concrete slabs, but I was told that the lower ones on the lake were not level, possibly for drainage. As I said, we had a good experience and I will stay there again if we are in the area. The only downside I saw was that the gravel road to and through the campground was very dusty.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or