North Carolina 160937
June 7 - June 14, 2013
(Updated: July 30, 2014)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is the third year in a row I've taken my grandkids to Fort Fisher when they get out of school and they love the place! We go for a week and they are never bored here with so much to do. I stayed in an RV site and my son rented a cottage for the week. The location of this facility is perfect. It sits between the ocean on one side and the Cape Fear River on the other. There is a row of privately owned beach houses on the ocean side, but there is public access between the houses at both the north and south ends of Fort Fisher. There is a pool on site with lifeguards on duty. It sits next to a fully stocked recreation center where you can rent canoes, kayaks, beach equipment, and has games, big screen tv, computers for your use, and a library among other things. They run daily programs for the kids, some free, some with a minimum cost. My grandkids attended the 3 hour Adventure Camp on Wednesday mornings and had a ball...even the teenaged ones!!! LOL Fort Fisher also has an on-site restaurant during the summer season, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Nothing fancy....just good solid food. There are also free concerts on Friday nights for everyone...even civilians! The town of Carolina Beach, just up the road, has free outdoor movies on Sunday nights in a park right along the main road. There is also a carnival area and outdoor community area at the boardwalk. The carnival has rides for the kids and adults. It's a little pricey if you buy coupons for the rides, but on Wednesday night you can purchase "buddy passes" that will give the kids wristbands to ride all night ($35 for 2.) The community area also has free concerts, bingo, and other activities daily. So if you want to take your kids to the beach during the summer and don't want to go broke doing it, I heartily recommend Fort Fisher to you!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts