3.8 73
North Carolina 133018
Oct 21, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I met the new manager and she appears to be working hard to improve this campground. Sites now have nice fire rings and the new bathhouse is quite nice. It has six rooms, each of which have a lavatory, toilet and shower. Maintenance people working there were very proud of the building. The concrete floors are heated and rain water is captured to provide water to flush the toilets. This is one of the nicest bathhouses I have seen in a military rv park. One issue that still remains is the poor entrances to the campground. The terrible railroad crossing is still there. Many an rv have suffered damage trying to get across. The other entrance is a very dusty, bumpy road. The good news is that work is well underway extending I-295 to right passed the park. This will eliminate the railroad crossing and provide an exit to the Smith Lake complex. All of this is coming courtesy of BRAC which will add two more major headquarters to an already bustling Fort Bragg. I think that things are really going to greatly improve this campground.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or