3.8 40
June-September 2012
(Updated: January 11, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Stayed in this park all summer. Full hook-up sites accomodated my Class-A completely. Each RV site has a picnic table and fire ring. This campground is brand new and is being rapidly expanded with more RV sites and log cabins with full ammenities. There is no cable TV or internet but I was camping not staying at a hotel. The price of $25 was excellent compared to a commericial/public facility in this region, which averages of $40 to $50 per night. I was told that there is a shower house, restrooms, and huge lodge in the plans and should be fully constructed by the end of summer 2013. Remington Pond, which is actually a lake, is .6 of a mile down the road and hosts a nice beach, docks, boat rentals, bicycle rentals, etc. There are a ton of pavilions for rent for special occasions and smaller pavilions as well. The PX, Commissary, Shoppette, Laundry facility, Burger King, Banks, Class VI Store, etc... are 1.2 miles away from RV Park and are very large. Fort Drum appears to be forever expanding and I believe it has become one of the larger U.S. military installations that I've been to. All of the reservations during my stay were taken care of 24 hrs a day through the Army Lodging Office, however I was told that Army Lodging itself will be privatized on 1 May 2013, and that the Parks & Recreation Office will take over full operations of the RV Park and Campground. Their hours are wierd and seem to more accomodate their employees rather than customers. I am going back for the summer in 2013 so will be sure to post an update.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
July 15, 2013
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I chuckled at the line "I was camping, not staying Ina hotel." That right after you said the site accommodated your Class-A. I travel with my 30' travel trailer, and don't consider that camping, it's more like traveling with my summer home.
The cable is not an issue with me though. I've owned my unit since it was new. It has a TV, but I'm not even sure it works. I've never tried.
1 results - showing 1 - 1