4.0 188
New Mexico 152730
July 2020
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I recommend using the west-side gate off of Louisiana Blvd SE (Gibson gate). The gate on the east side of the base (Eubank gate) was under construction during my visit. The campground typically has plenty of open sites in the hot summer months. Most site are FHU but there are some dry camping sites too. The bathhouses need some work (cleanliness and keeping supplies stocked up). The bathhouse on the east side campground had one of the two individual bathrooms closed during my visit. I assume the bathroom was down for maintenance. That left one bathroom available for the entire campground on the east side. I did report the problem to the Outdoor Rec office who responded to my email quickly. It's a good place for a stopover visit. Not too far from I-40. Nice BX and commissary on-base.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 1

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
August 12, 2020
The Louisiana/Gibson gate is not very easy to maneuver if pulling a trailer. The base also has a strict rule on vehicles with more than 2 axles exiting through the Louisiana/Gibson gate. Due to security the gate has bollards placed in the roadway requiring vehicles to slalom the exit. When towing, one should enter and exit through the Truman Gate (approximately 2 1/2 miles west of the Louisiana/Gibson gate.
The gate located next the the Kirtland AFB FamCamp (Eubank Gate) is under construction and it is believed that the new gate will enable FamCamp users to enter and exit the base without traversing the entire base.
1 results - showing 1 - 1