4.2 44
New Jersey 55288
17 - 28 June 2017
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

17 – 28 June 2017, Earle Deer Run RV Park, Navy Weapons Station, Colts Neck, NJ I could not find a good GPS street address for the post. I used 201 Hwy 34S, Colts Neck, NJ. That address is North of Hwy 18, the post is South of Hwy 18. From Hwy 18 go South on State Route 34S about one half of a mile, the post will be on your left. The main gate is as described in other comments, a large structure to drive thru (either left or right side as directed). After you pass that structure a small gatehouse will have a packet for you with your site assignment if you arrive after duty hours. After you pass the gatehouse turn right on the second street (T-1 Road). There are two separate RV parking areas, for sites 9 – 15 turn right on the first small gravel road (by the fire hydrant). The road is pretty rough, lots of pot holes. All sites are back in with a tree line in front of each pad. I was in site #11 and had no problem parking with RVs occupying sites 10 and 12. The sewer connections for these sites are off of the pad on the opposite side of the electric and water connections. I had to buy an extension for my sewer hose. The water connection is really close to the ground as previously stated. Hard to use a “Y” connection. Sites 1 – 8 require you to drive to the end of T-1 Rd, turn right and then left and then right into the parking area. This is a circular park with some of the pads elevated slightly. The sewer connections for these sites are in the middle of the cement pad near the rear. The laundry facility was clean, $175 for a wash, $125 to dry. No book exchange, in fact they discourage anything being left in the laundry facility. The post is well maintained and landscaped. We had a small heard of deer outside of our coach every night. Very small but well stocked NEX, nice gym and workout area. Very friendly and professional staff from the gate guards to the lodging facility staff. We drove the jeep to NYC and spent a couple of nights there to catch a couple of Broadway shows. The ride took us about an hour and a half. Close to the shore and Jersey Beaches, lots of great restaurants and a Super Walmart close by. We will return to this park in the future, we had a great time. Amenities/Facilities rating was a four because of the sewer and water connections. We have a 45’ coach and we tow a Jeep Wrangler 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or