Nevada 195559
18-24 Oct 2017
(Updated: October 29, 2017)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is our 2nd stay at the Desert Eagle RV park at Nellis AFB. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay on both occasions. A very well run famcamp. No RV park is perfect, but I think most would agree the "legacy" section of the Desert Eagle RV Park presents one of the better military camping experiences in the country. The legacy section (100+ sites) contains huge, full-hook-up RV spaces that are easily 3000-4000 sq ft. in size. Each site contains a concrete pad, well-trimmed shade trees and borders a landscaped walking path. FWIW, all the partial hookup (electric/water), "wagon wheel" sites will be eliminated once the remaining 79 brand new RV sites are opened for use sometime in late 2017 or early 2018. We got to see a small portion of the new section that was completed during our stay. These new sites contain 44-46 ft. long, pull-thru, full-hookup sites with paved access, concrete pads, picnic table, bordered on each side with desert rock/gravel. There are also going be a number of new support buildings/facilities (2-3?) on site that will contain shower and laundry facilities. Spacing between most sites (except handicapped) is minimal---only a few feet wider than the picnic table. In my estimation, those with larger rigs are going to find parking space for their tow vehicles and toads minimal at best. Don't get me wrong, these brand-new 79 RV sites are going to be a very nice addition to the Desert Eagle RV park, however, they're not going to be the same camping experience one finds in the legacy section.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or