Nevada 195365
April 5-19, 2016
(Updated: November 17, 2016)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

A prime location, only twenty minutes to the strip, $22 a night for full hook up.  We made a reservation and knew only a water and electric site was available and that we would be put on the wait list for a full hook up.  Found out we wouldn't be put on the wait list until after check in despite what we were told when making the reservation. The water and electric sites are around a circle but you are perpendicular to the circle and either have your door to the road or have to run your power and water under the RV when connecting, the worst circular setup I have seen.  Check in was a long process (20 minutes) because the woman at the counter was somewhat new and not sure how to input the stay.  We also were told we had to have exact change when paying cash because they couldn't make change after 4:00 pm (it was 4:05).  We were put on the full hook up waiting list and told only a couple people were ahead of us.  The next day when I went to the office I was told we were actually fifth on the list, the next day I was told I was eighth, and I talked to the same person two days in a row.  No one at the front desk can apparently read the waiting list, so ask for Charlie, he's the retired RMC that makes the reservations.  If you wind up in a partial hook up site, be sure to ask about the dump wagons, we didn't find out they were available until after moving to a full hook up site and the woman at the office stated they sometimes "forget" to tell people.  After five days we were called about moving to a full hook up, which we did right away.  What a night and day difference.  Huge sites, easy to back into with a parking space for your vehicle.  Water and electric were good, WiFi was ok, but we still needed to use our Hotspot at times.  There is considerable jet noise, Reveille goes down at 5:30 and if you are in circle three you will hear the kids on the playground of the child development center by 7:30.  If you can get into a full hook up site, it is definitely worth the $22 a night.  The laundry rooms, two, are $.75 a load but could have more washers and dryers.  Showers work, but need some upkeep.  This is a great place to enjoy Las Vegas from.  You will have to leave the RV park side of base, then enter another gate to visit the exchange and commissary then the same getting back.  Its inconvenient having to keep going through busy gates and sitting at traffic lights for such a short trip.  We plan on returning in the fall.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 9 7

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
November 18, 2016
Thanks to all of the workampers at Desert Eagle who felt my review was not helpful because I didn't give the staff rave reviews!
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Cron Job Starts