3.1 7
15-20 Nov 2015
(Updated: December 27, 2015)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Goose Creek Campground is closed until February so I stayed at another on-base campground called Pleasant Grove.  This is a rustic (dry camping) campground that is not far from Goose Creek or Hog Point.  Remember rustic means no water or electricity which is fine because my RV is fully self contained.  I have found the campground manager and staff to be extremely accommodating and pleasant to work with so I'm not sure why a few posts say they are not.  The campground is convenient and is within easy walking distance to the golf course clubhouse.  Fishing is right outside your door.  My rig is a 40' Diesel Pusher and I can attest that it wasn't exactly easy to get it to my camping spot but it was well worth it once I got it in.  The roads are very curvy with trees  on each side of the road making the turns tricky.  Overhead wise the clearance was good.  My rig would not make the last turn to exit the campground so I exited the same way I entered.  Quiet - yes.  Friendly campers - yes.  Pretty camping areas - yes.  Only caution - don't arrive after dark.  It is extremely dark at this campground with no streetlights.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or