Maryland 97382
March 2013
(Updated: March 21, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

My wife and I have stayed at this site several times over the past two years. It started off being a very nice campground with a great staff and decent ammenities. The prices were reasonable though a little bit higher than most other military campgrounds. All that has changed for the worse. Cable TV two years ago consisted of nine channels and very poor quality, including no CBS. Internet was available but only if you were parked near the main office. The lounge/laundry building is ok, but the game room was closed off sometime before our first stay in September 2011 due to mold. A sign said they were "working on it". Fast forward to the Spring of 2012. Suddenly rates went up by over 50%, no cable or Internet at all. We asked the manager - the guy that only walks around in the morning with his cup of cofee and blue-tooth piece jammed in his ear - about this. He said the rates are going up in order to improve the campground, put Internet and cable TV back in. Fast forward to Fall of 2012. The only improvement was replacing several site picnic pads with a fine gravely/dirt mixture that turns to quicksand in the rain. Still no Internet or cable TV. Fast forward to today, March 20, 2013. We arrived for the Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. and are staying here for three weeks. Still no cable, no Internet, game room still closed due to mold, and now they've announced that effective April 15, 2013, they will no longer take the National Park passes. You would think they'd lower their prices because of that, but no, the greed continues with absolutely no improvements to the campground. Oh, wait - they did paint large site numbers on the pads. With an estimated increase in revenue of between $500 and $1000 per day (depending on number of guests), you'd think they could at least put in basic cable! With prices not far off from off-base campgrounds that offer so much more, I don't see this potential gem lasting much more.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
April 02, 2013
Thank you for your review.
I went on to write the same thing.
Very well written
1 results - showing 1 - 1