Maryland 75434
Nov 25, 2012
(Updated: November 27, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The campground is not in the Academy section of the Navy base. That makes it hard to find and difficult to get to. One has to drive through a residential area on a curvy road where there is a lack of signs pointing to the campground. That is one issue that makes it not big rig friendly. Another reason is that the interior campground road is gravel and hilly with some sharp turns. Most of the sites are concrete pads, but they are not long enough to provide plenty of space for a longer RV. I noticed just one pull through. Power is only 30 amp. There is no sewer. I did not use the dump station. The bath house is an older, heated, cinderblock building. It was clean, but adequate only to serve its purpose. The Wi-Fi signal is not generated from within the campground and is weak. I suspect reception is based on your site location. There is nothing for the kids to do. A primitive area exists for tent use, but sites aren’t marked. Verizon 3G was fine. During another season, I suspect there would be little satellite signal reception. There are a lot of trees. Over the air TV channels are plentiful. The campground is half full of permanents; most likely service members who are stationed there. It is a short drive to the full service commissary, Exchange, gas station (no diesel), and golf course. Check in is at the MWR/gym facility that is past the campground. There are no convenient places to park an RV while you register. They honor the America the Beautiful card for a 50% discount and that is reflected in my rate. This is just an OK campground that is better suited for shorter rigs and those who want an inexpensive place to stage from while being a tourist. It won’t be on my return list.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or