4.2 93
Louisiana 101087
Sept. 14, 2019
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

The FamCamp at Barksdale AFB has added a new section (OCT 2018). We stayed overnight at one of their sites on a recent trip. The older camp is adjacent to the new one and appears more used. The newer one has all concrete pull through pads (appox 60 ft). Easily fit our Class C and appeared to be large enough for any thing I saw in the park, including their tow behind vehicles. Large area between pads (15-20 feet) made for a nice quiet night. Wi-Fi was powerful enough to handle watching my FireStick without any lag. The bathhouse and laundry were as you would expect for a less than 1 year old camp. Well maintained and clean. The roadways were gravel, but in good condition. The whole camp seemed a bit sterile though. No trees at all. Appeared they clear cut an area of the base's woodland and plopped down 50+ RV pads. Full hookups - but no personality at all. Good for an overnight stay, but not sure I would have like and extended stay. There was nothing to see or do in the campground and I don't tow a vehicle. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or