4.6 97
Georgia 145569
Jan 15 - Jan 19, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Several of us decided to meet up here prior to heading to South Texas for a while. This was my first time here and I was greatly impressed with the facilities, staff, and overall cleanliness of the the campground. Uchee Creek is out in the woods, but close enough to Fort Benning if you need to go to the commissary or PX. As others have mentioned, there is abundant wildlife all over the park. I opened my window shade one morning and had 3 deer staring back at me! Don't pay any attention to time here, because it will make you crazy! The campground is actually in Alabama (Central time), less than a mile from the river border with Georgia (Eastern time.) It's too close to the border for your phone or other electronic device to automatically change over and if you manually reset the time to Central, you can easily miss things like the commissary closing before you get there. Don't ask me how I know. LOL We got there before all the cold spells starting hitting the south, so the ground was still wet and muddy. Fort Benning is installing new water and sewer lines throughout the campground, so there are many soft muddy spots to watch out for. A toy hauler got stuck in the mud while we were there. If you have an America the Beautiful pass from the National Park Service, be sure to mention it when you check in. It will get you a pretty decent discount on the daily price. I'm going to try and get back here sometime when the weather is warmer. This looks like it would be a great place for a vacation!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or