Georgia 177067
March 17-27, 2013
(Updated: March 26, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We had a very nice and enjoyable stay here. I gave it lower grades last year because of obvious homesteading. If there are any this time they are hiding it pretty well. If the parks allow it I don't care as long as it's not obvious, large patio furniture and house size refrigerators on the patio. I saw none of this during our stay. The new manager is very easy to deal with. I had or didn't need to have any dealings with the host. We arrived on Sunday and our welcome packet was waiting for us. There are plenty of social events and if you don't participate it's your own fault. We didn't participate but that was our choice. There are enough things to do around the area to keep us busy. It doesn't take much to amuse us. We drove to the little town of Folkston and just watched the trains go through. About 70 trains go through here every day. The town built a viewing area right by the tracks. They have chairs, benches and picnic tables and if you love trains, it's a great place to sit for 2 or 3 hours. The Okefenokee Swamp National Wildlife Refuge is about 8 miles south of Folkston. A lot of installations are no longer issuing windshield decals but Kings Bay still does and are required for base entry. Our decal expires at the end of March and we were reminded of that when we first arrived. The next day we were able to get new ones and they don't expire until 2019.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or