Georgia 145551
March 3 - 10, 2013
(Updated: March 19, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Another nice visit to this park. They accepted our Golden Age Passport (Now Senior Pass) and charged us 72 dollars for the week. The daily rate with the pass is 12 dollars. WiFi is up and running throughout the park with excellent reception. I asked and was told that Fort Benning does not issue windshield decals any longer. Also, reservations can now be made on line. The temperatures during our visit was less than desirable with a couple of days below freezing. I just disconnected from the water on those nights and got through it. The only drawback to this location is the distance to the exchange and commissary for people who have to visit them every day. We don't. We make one trip. It's 12 miles from the park to those places. They have a new area way out back since I was here 3 years ago. On the brochure it is called "Long Term Parking". They have 22 very full hookup sites for homesteaders. It could be a nice place to stay but some of the homesteaders have everything they own on site. I saw one site with a truck, a car. 2 go-carts, an ATV and several bicycles. Several sites had large dog kennels and house size refrigerators and patio furniture on the patio. It reminded me of the projects that are in a lot of cities. They are beautiful for a while but after a couple of years become slums. This place will get that way very soon. But. As long as Uchee Creek keeps the homesteaders back there away from the front area I'll continue going there.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or