Georgia 177323
Dec 2012 - Mar 2013
(Updated: February 17, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

I am the Volunteer Social Host at Kings Bay. I make up the calendar each month subject to approval of the manager. I do not believe any other military campground has use of a van to provide activities for campers. I try to provide activities that everyone will enjoy. Campers are not only given a copy but I post notices in the free laundry, the community center, the men and and ladies restrooms. When calendars were late this month from the printer a friend made copies for me. (Thanks Gary!). For two days I delivered them and tried to let everyone personally know about our Super Bowl Party. We have ice cream socials, wine and cheese parties, pot lucks, trips, Bunco, breakfasts, steak nights, Zumba and Bingo in St Mary's, movie night with free popcorn (provided by the camp hosts). I also try to organize things not on the calendar....pick up card games for example. Yes, campers are now asked to pay a small price to go in the van, but they seem to enjoy being driven. I'm always stunned when someone thinks there is nothing to do here. Come join me in March for not just the every day activities, but a boat trip to Cumberland Island, Harris Heck NWR, Darien, T-Rays, Skippers, Okefenokee NWR. St. Mary's Historic Tour, etc. If you are here this Wed. I still have a few seats on our all day trip to St Augustine for the trolley tour and lunch. All of our volunteer camp hosts work very hard to make Eagle Hammock a terrific RV park and I personally appreciate their help and support with the social events. You roll up your sleeves and pitch in every time. Thank you! Betty
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 2

Comments

To write a comment please register or