4.2 74
January 27, 2011
(Updated: January 28, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

My wife and I are on a month long trip away from the Michigan snow and cold. We tried to get a camp site at Ft Stewart as I was stationed here about 17 years ago. I was told that there were no empty sites available but when we drove through on the 27 of January we counted six sites empty. It appears that Ft Stewart is holding for friends and relatives. We seen the camp host but no one else moving around the campground. The Post itself is completely fenced off from the campground. It almost looks like the campground has been given over to the local population. I was very disappointed in this campground. I will not return to Fort Stewart.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
January 30, 2011
We are sorry that you got the wrong impression of Holbrook Pond Campground...You stated that you drove thru the campground, but did you stop to talk with the camp host and ask why you saw 6 empty sites? You should have come thru the next day, as those 6 empty sites you seen were filled with folks who had made reservations in advance to stay....The local population here is the Army Active Duty and their families, Retirees, and DOD. This is a RESERVATION ONLY campground because of limited space. We feel disappointed and offended that you didn't take the time to find out more. There are NO HOMESTEADERS HERE....90 days in,max. then 90 days out... The friends that are here are the universal friends you make when visiting military campgrounds....and as far as relatives ??????? Maybe sisters and brothers of the human race....

That said, we don't hold grudges and are forgiving folks, so we invite you to call or visit again, please make a point of letting us know who you are so that we may give you a more detailed explanation of the the reservation process.

By the way....did you call or check back for cancellations??

Dock and Lori
Camp Hosts, Holbrook Pond.
We are here until April 1st....
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Cron Job Starts