FUEL MILEAGE

More
9 years 8 months ago #12957 by nisd221n
FUEL MILEAGE was created by nisd221n
HELP ME UNDERSTAND MY FUEL MILEAGE PLEASE. I am getting about 8 mpg pulling a 42 footer fifth wheel. I think I have about 16000 pounds, I am using a diesel V8 F250 super duty, 2004 What can I do to increase my fuel mileage?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #12959 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic FUEL MILEAGE
I have an 04 6.0 also but the F350 FX4. So basically same truck, need to know if yours is 2wd or 4x?. My TT is smaller but I get around 11-12 with it so you are pretty much in ball park I would think. I run a hypertec economiser tune on the B setting and it seems to help. I also have a turbo back gibson free flow exhaust system. These are the only mods I run. Greater concern for you should be are are you monitoring your engines vitals? EOT, ECT, FICM voltage, 12 Voltage? Others are EGT, boost and fuel pressure. PM me if you have any specific questions to this.

I have a friend who had a 03 dodge and he pulled a 5er with it and he only got around 9 maybe 10mpg. He only had a free flow exhaust I think his was close to your weight also. But remember the ford is a heaver truck to begin with. My 4 door is around 7700 lbs by itself. Slow accell is supposed to help as is going slower is what most will tell ya. Lessen the weight in the trailer if ya can (momma wont be happy I am sure), run tires to max pressures (truck and trailer) all the normal stuff.

My truck gets as good a fuel mileage not towing at 80mph as some trying to stay around 60-70mph. Wife hates it when we dawdle going anywhere. Made me try 70 mph in our new to us MH, .5 gal difference overall!

More
9 years 8 months ago #12960 by nisd221n
Replied by nisd221n on topic FUEL MILEAGE
thanks I have a 4x4 will try to reduce weight by 1000 pounds before leaving San Antonio

More
9 years 4 months ago #13245 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic FUEL MILEAGE
Just wondering what you did and if you got the mileage up to what you expected?

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds