4.1 80
Florida 156950
7-14 Mar 17
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Jacksonville didn't have much to offer and the area right near the base was very congested. Most attractions and shopping was either north or all the way across the St. John's river, which meant at least a 20 minute drive. Most folks told us the only must see in the area was St. Augustine, which was very nice to visit, but not a local attraction in Jacksonville. Campground, shower house, and laundry room was well kept. Campground host (Mike) was very nice. Mike met us at the entry to the park to show us to site #2. Met several other campers near us who were super friendly and helpful with local info. Best part of our stay was visiting the newly opened Commissary. It had only been open for three weeks when we arrived. One drawback to the new facility was lack of parking. We usually parked over by the NEX and walked the few hundred feet to enter the Commissary. No big deal unless you are handicapped or have issues walking longer distances. Assume this will be resolved when old facility is demolished if they add more parking spaces to the vacated space. No issues with water, power, or sewer. Laundry had five each washers and dryers that were free use for campground residents. One drawback was size of sites. We drive a 41' fiver, so it was even tighter. Couple towing a small fiver ended up hitting a parked truck two days after we arrived. The back end of the trailer hit the pickup of the spot behind the one he was pulling into. I felt uncomfortable because our truck is a full-size Ram 3500 with an 8-foot custom hauler bed. The spot was so small I had to park at an angle across the nose of my trailer and both the nose of the truck and the rear end of the trailer stuck out into or very close to the edge of the roadway. Value was average. Would like to see them add some space, but cost was reasonable. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would return.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or