Florida 71212
November 2015-March 2016
(Updated: June 04, 2016)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Please let me begin by saying that we stayed two winters at this location and was happy overall.  We also had planned on staying this coming winter (late November 2016 to March 2017) but have changed our plans.  We were notified that the monthly fee for us (retired military) was going to increase effective 1 July 2016.  We were "guessing" $50.00-$75.00 per month and would have accepted that but the increase went from $350.00 to $560.00 per month!!!  Outrageous for the amenities that are offered! The campground is close to the NEX and commissary, there's a pool on base but not heated so unable to use it in the winter, we were promised Wifi was being worked (both winters) but we ended up having no Wifi either winters that we stayed (we had to go to the on-base coffee shop, Liberty Center, or the Family Fleet office for Wifi).  I've been told Wifi "should" be completed by end of this month and, hopefully, it will be completed for those staying.  As far as I know, the only additional amenity that will be added is the Wifi (if it's completed as promised),  also promised was mail delivery to cluster boxes at the campground (cluster boxes were installed but no mail delivery established).  We rented a post office box downtown Milton for the winter.  I will say the MWR staff were always very, very nice and helpful whenever possible.  After having checked other military campgrounds Clear Creek is much more expensive now with less amenities than many other military campgrounds. In talking with a Clear Creek employee recently about their price increase, I was told electricity is included in their fee...it's also included at other military campgrounds as well as mail delivery, etc.  Sorry to say I feel Clear Creek staff have out-priced themselves. In closing I will say Clear Creek is a good location for restaurants, shopping and being near Pensacola, Navarre, Destin, and Ft. Walton Beaches.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 3

Comments

To write a comment please register or