Review Detail

4.5 114
April 8 - April 22, 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We waited too late to make reservations and the only site available was in overflow at Jackson Court. I had visited this area before and wasn't impressed so didn't know if I wanted to stay there or not. We wanted to spend some time in Pensacola so decided to take a chance. The person told us that she would put us on the list to move if a site at Oak Grove became available. We arrived late and was checked in by one of my favorite hosts, Malcolm. To our surprise the site we were assigned to at Jackson Court was very nice and we decided to stay there even if a site became available at Oak Grove. The next morning when we went to pay our bill, we told them to take us off the move list. Don't get me wrong. The sites in Jackson Court are not as nice as Oak Grove. The site we had (J-3) was very acceptable. The site was gravel with a very large concrete patio. There is a lot of concrete because this used to be the base mobile home park. We had full hookups with 50 amp electric. There are nine sites with 6 being used by what looks like homesteaders. Not all of the sites were as nice as J-3. While here we developed a slow leak in one of the truck tires and went to the NEX service station for repairs on Thursday. They found a nail in the sidewall of the tire but said the government won't allow them to make sidewall repairs. The person told me to go to Vannoy's Tires (I don't know the address but just a few miles north of the main gate)and the probably would repair the tire. Vannoy's repaired the tire and due to where the nail was we decided to get a new tire. The manager, Mitch, told us that he had checked and found a tire in Mobile and it could be delivered on Monday. We agreed to purchase the tire and Mitch said he would call us either Monday morning or afternoon when the tire arrived. We were all set, we thought. On Monday at 1:00 pm with no call by Mitch, I called him. He had forgotten all about anything that happened on Thursday. He again said he'll see what he can do. We had wasted 4 days bcause Mitch had promised us a tire, cancelled a reservation for Sunday arrival and lost the deposit. He called back about 30 minutes later and said he couldn't find us a tire but will keep looking. In the meantime I had already called a shop in Milton and they had the tire I wanted. I told Mitch to forget about it. The person in Milton had done something in 30 minutes that he couldn't do in 4 days. As you may understand, I'm not giving Vannoy's a vote of approval as our friends at NEX did. On Tuesday, we drove to Milton and 4 tires were waiting there and since I probably would need new tires soon I took all four.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 5

Comments

To write a comment please register or