4.1 80
Florida 156936
May 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We got to this RV park 35 min late due to wrong/missing directions stated here. We came off hwy 10 and you need to go I-295 SOUTH! Not north as stated in the directions. I'll make it more clear and easy here: coming from hwy 10, take exit for I-295 south going toward Datona beach, the first exit you will see it 21 and the number will go down, take exit 10, after you exit the road take a left at the "Y" then it comes to a "T" go LEFT, enter the base at the second gate on the right called "Yorktown gate" if you have a class A, take far right lane, if you take left lane it's a VERY tight fit and you have 2 inches on each side. Then drive straight and take a right on Jason road, there's a sign for the auto hobby shop, follow that to the end and auto shop will be on the right for check-in, there's signs that clearly mark RV office. The RV park is ok here, kinda small and cramped though, our site was a pull through but its very short, we couldn't leave our car hooked up because it blocked the road but laundry was FREE and the base is very nice, a lot of stuff to see and do.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

4 results - showing 1 - 4
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
May 02, 2015
I think you misread the directions on the website. It states to take exit 10 on Hwy-295 and head north. Nothing is mentioned about Interstate 10. I'll make the driving directions a little clearer.
May 02, 2015
Larry, you might want to leave the directions as is because it would be difficult to give directions coming from north, south, east and west. benjamin2014 gave good directions if you're coming from the west on I-10 but those directions would confuse anyone else.
May 03, 2015
In reply to an earlier comment

Thanks for the feedback. The driving directions were "clarified", but still allow for traveling from any direction.
May 04, 2015
The directions stated were not very clear, the I-295 is a "beltway" meaning it goes in a big circle. If you come from west (I-10) or north (I-95S) which is the most common way to come to this base you go SOUTH on the I-295, the only way you would go north on the i295 is if your coming from southern Florida which is not very common. Also there's 2 turns you need to make after exiting the I-295 (not stated) and the signs are confusing unless you planned in advanced, it's very easy to head the wrong way and making a U-turn with a big rig pulling a car is not easy at all. It's better to be clear.
4 results - showing 1 - 4