Review Detail

4.2 74
Dec 29, 2014 - Jan 3, 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Great place to stay - we parked our 25 ft travel trailer at the Marina campground on base and had one of the four spots on the grass area right near the beach/water. There is no sewer hookup at these four spots but it was worth it to us to be close to the water. The other sites behind the cabins seemed a bit tight, hidden, and boring. We probably would not have picked one of these four spots in the warmer months due to lots of people but it was relatively quiet while we were there. All of the people working here are very friendly and helpful even taking the time to help us back into our spot. Everything was kept very clean and tidy. Checking in is easy and there is a nice big temporary parking spot for your rig while you do that and plenty of room to go from there. The base itself is very small with a tiny exchange and no commissary but Tyndall AFB is nearby. There is nowhere on base to get decent food but a zillion places in the area. I am a little confused why this website labels this installation as "Panama City CSS" when all of the signs, brochures, etc call it "Naval Support Activity Panama City". Regarding finding the main gate - the GPS coordinates given above worked but my GPS tried to take me into a disused gate before the main gate on Thomas Drive. This street address works well - 1029 Thomas Drive, Panama City, FL (main gate on Thomas Drive). You will turn left onto Crag Rd off of Thomas Ave into the base (Crag Rd would not come up in my GPS). Also, in case you didn't know, the Navy has now stopped requiring you to get a pass at Visitor/Information Centers. All you need is one military ID. There is a 100% ID check so everyone in your vehicle needs an ID - military or civilian (not sure about kids...). The Wi-Fi in the Marina area is now available everywhere and is called gowifi. You have to completely sign out of it each time and sign back in - otherwise you will be redirected to a page that wants you to create an account, etc. Signal strength is great. Again, nice place to stay. We like that they take reservations. I wish all military campgrounds would wake up and at least take some reservations.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 8 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or