4.3 170
Florida 443704
January 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed at the NAS Key West campground in January, 2014 as we have for the past 15 years. We are not going back this year. Why? 1. Some of the new camp hosts are very rude and unhelpful. 2. The generator policy has changed - now it is allowed to run generators from 6AM until 11PM. Why? This is too long, there was nothing wrong with the old hours of 7AM until 10PM. Additionally they are not enforcing their sound level rules: Someone about 3 units from us was running a generator without a muffler. This generator could be heard all over Sigsbee circle yet neither the camp hosts nor the management did anything about it. 3. Authorized users are now allowed to "sponsor" civilians with no military connection into the campground. Once again why? This is contrary to the published list of authorized users and they are taking space away from those of us who have served honorably. 4. The bathhouses were not kept clean. 5. Garbage was left to pile up around the dumpsters. (smelly)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 6

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
March 09, 2015
I don't know what policy John23 is referring to, but I have camped at Sigsbee in 2012, 2014, and 2015 and the generator hours have always been 0700-2300. Once in a while the trash piles up but I have seen this happen on only rare occasions. The bathhouses are "generally" clean, but when they are being used by as many campers as there are in dry camp, they don't last that way for long.
1 results - showing 1 - 1
Cron Job Starts