4.0 140
Florida 206877
March 25-28, 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Arriving on a Sunday and failing to read the Directions on here, I entered through the main gate without incident. The route to the Outdoor Recreation office is well marked as is the way to campground. We were put in so-called Overflow - 20/30/50A only. They are the new sites with asphalt pads and concrete patios, a picnic table and grass. They aren't very wide but neither are the ones in the rest of the park. I never intended to stay very long but asked to be on the list for a partial site. I was told I could be on either the Partial or the FHU list but not both. Hunh? When offered one beside the dumpster the next day I opted to stay where I was. It is quieter and dark at night. Staff at Outdoor Rec ranged from incompetent to reasonably competent. My first phone call resulted in an 11 minute hold. I hung up, immediately called again and it was answered with an offer to help me. Check-in went smoothly. One RV check-in person requires you to sign in to be helped. The other doesn't. The big shortcoming is the complete closure of Outdoor Rec on Wednesdays. No one can move on Wednesdays but you can check in, extend or leave. Because I wasn't trying for a FHU site or a long stay, I can't speak to the fairness of the system. If there is homesteading they keep the junk in check. I never saw an empty waterfront site but did see vacant sites in every other area. There are good amenities on base. All five washers and five dryers were working. Unfortunately, the washers are old technology top-loaders, so loads don't always dry completely. No wifi. Communication is poor. I didn't know there was a Community Room or a rocket launch scheduled. There was no construction activity during our stay. It's a friendly park. I'd return only if in the area.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or