Review Detail

4.5 114
3 December 2013
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Had to see what all the buzz was about the campground. While staying at the Recreation FamCamp and visiting the Naval Aviation museum we took a ride in to see the Campground. Met the camp host, extremely pleasant and helpful told us a lot about the area and FamCamp. We drove through and noticed that it seemed to be a bit tight, older FamCamp, well maintained but had what looked to be homesteading, I guess they just don't enforce regulations here. Crushed shell roads would make it difficult to get around on the mobility scooter. The facilities looked well maintained. I did talk to several full-timers and they said to make sure I make reservations because taking a gamble to get a space is almost impossible. The Aviation museum is just down the road and you could walk to that, plan on all day there. While there the active runway nearby did make it a bit noisy and the main road had a lot of traffic. Taking in the pro's can con's, I'm sure that I would call ahead and secure a place here in the future.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts