Florida 212151
24 May - 7 June 2012
(Updated: May 26, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We arrived during the day and came in through the Tanker Gate. No problems, Security Police very courteous and helpful. It is a long way from the entry to the FAMCAMP, but the roads are OK and not much traffic along the road next to the bay. There's a lot of work going on upgrading many of the sites in one section. All sites are back in even though some have a long area to back through. The check in office is off to the side and the entry to their place is a bit narrow. We pulled ahead to the holding area just beyond and walked back, much easier. The base is very big with a lot of people stationed and working here. One thing to be careful about, I got stopped by security for not coming to a full stop at a stop sign. No big deal, right? Wrong. He had me pulled over on the side of the road for fully 45 minutes and gave me a moving citation after executing a felony stop on my. He and his partner came up on both sides of my truck with their hands on their weapons, walking sideways and stopping just behind my open window. Really? I expected a warning and a short lecture. Nope, 75 bucks. Welcome to Tampa.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts