Florida 211911
Dec 2010
(Updated: January 02, 2011)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Very disappointed with the FamCamp office staff. Planning a short weekend trip to Tampa and understand how quickly the Famcamp fills up in the winter. I called 2 weeks prior for a short term reservation. Actually I called a day early on 30 Dec because I wasn't sure if the office would be opened on New Years Eve. A very nice lady said they were open on the 31st to call right at 10am because the short term spots fill up immediately. I called back on 31 December at 10 am, exactly 2 weeks prior to my planned visit. A gentleman answered the phone and told me that I needed to call back on 2 January. I explained to him that I was told I could make a reservation on 31 Dec for my planned trip 14-16 Jan. He said no, 2 Jan was the earliest I could call for a reservation. Again, I called at 10am on 2 January - guess what no spots for short term reservations. She did say there is first come, first serve available or I could dry camp until a spot become open. It's a 2 day trip!!! I don't want to drag my camper through downtown Tampa to the base only to find out I can dry camp. This is so frustrating. Does anyone in the office really know what is going on!!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 3

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
January 16, 2011
This is a bogus evaluation. You didn't even stay there, yet you gave it ones.
Please don't post evaluations of a facility that you know nothing about, except on the telephone.
1 results - showing 1 - 1