4.3 170
Florida 443706
May 27-31, 2018
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We tent camped at Sigsbee for 4 nights. Since this was a holiday weekend and we arrived on Sunday, we contacted the weekend camp host who arrived a few minutes after we called. Jesse, the camp host, was very polite and helpful both for check-in and throughout our stay. We were assigned T6 right on the waterfront (no electrical or water hookup).The weather was less than ideal for setting up for tent camping as "Alberto" was making its way North just West of the Keys. I won't bore you with details about wind and rain since it's probably not too applicable for most of you. The weather inevitably improved and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The campground, bath house, laundry, etc. were all nicer than expected. Thumbs up to everyone at the MWR camp office, security gate and exchange for their courtesy and positive attitude which made us feel very welcome. (Besides the weather, the only thing I would change is to dis-invite the mosquitoes.)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
November 10, 2019
I also tent camped a few times, it is a sorry situation at Sigsbee for those who must tent camp...we get a few spaces on a sliver of dirt and rocks right next to a road...I would like to petition the base commander for an improved space for tent campers, at the end of the actual campground in a grassy area..tent campers are not being treated fairly.
1 results - showing 1 - 1