4.3 55
Delaware 121684
5-11 June 2008
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

As all other reviews have mentioned, what a neat place to stay and visit the beach! The Delaware Guard has this small bit of land they use for some routine training, and it is clean and well-groomed. The billeting desk folks are very friendly. They handle reservations for everything on base ... the RV spots, the mobile home trailers for recreational renting, as well as the "barracks" for folks coming for their training weekends. The "base" is very small, but they have a nice running track. There is a helipad in the center of the track. We stayed during a training weekend, and a helicopter landed. Fun and entertainment for the kids! I never used any "bath-house" ... I wasn't aware there even was one. I figured the "latrines" were only for use by the active duty folks during a training period. However, we did take advantage of the free laundry machines. Free Laundry gives amenities a "5" rating from me! However, that is the end of the on-base amenities. But with everything else just out the gate and down the street, I wouldn't complain. I've been on big bases where it's a 15 minute drive from the FamCamp to the Exchange. Besides watching the helicopter land, we enjoyed the playground, flying our kite around the track, and watching crabs in the salt pond. And of course, plenty of room to ride bikes ... the base is too small for anyone to "speed" around, so it's safe enough for even the little ones riding trikes. Other area campgrounds cost $48/nite, so the value here is quite good. Would definitely return for a week, to enjoy the beach, some shopping in town, and all the crab cakes I can stand!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or