Colorado 174436
May 2013
(Updated: June 04, 2013)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This FamCap of 100+ sites has about 40 sites (West Side) with no electric. The power is off and they are beginning construction on the new 30 and 50 amp service this week. One employee said they hope to have full service finished by Labor Day. Also, they were limiting entrance to the South Gate (Exit 151 from I-25) as the bridge at the North Gate (Exit 156 from I-25) has some structural problems and they were limiting RV's and big trucks to the South Gate. Use the directions above and you'll have no problems finding the FamCamp from the South Gate. As someone said -GO SLOW through the gate and you'll have no problem. I made the mistake of not making reservations early enough for our projected 10 day stay. It also coincided with the 2013 graduation for the AF Academy - not good. The staff managed to find us all service spots for all but one night - we had to move 4 times but we were okay with that. The sites are for the most part roomy (we have a big rig) and allow for some privacy. Trees can cause difficulty with TV reception but this is an area that has so much to offer that TV just wasn't a priority for us. Staff is very helpful - from sites, to propane service, to letting folks know they have the AF Frequent Camper packages available and supplying quarters for laundry when change machines don't work. Trains were not an issue for us.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or