California 164084
July 7, 2017
(Updated: October 23, 2017)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

**UPDATE** 10/23/17 The beach motel is no longer the check-in desk for the RV park. Instead, turn left on 16th Street. The Outdoor Recreation building on the left is the new check-in spot for the park. If you arrive after closing, I'm sure you can check in with the camp host. Happy camping! Bumping this down to a 4 in the overall experience, which is not something I do often. Most of our trips here have been 5x5's by the way. During this time of year the mosquitoes are BAD! Bring whatever bug repellant you prefer and prepare to douse yourself in it repeatedly. After that, you'll only get eaten half as bad as you normally would. When I asked a former camp host why there is no mosquitoes abatement program I was told that it was because the birds wouldn't have anything to eat!? I had a good laugh at this. Anyways, everything else was great! The beach was awesome and I even went swimming for a little bit. What made it even more enjoyable was the fact that my buddy and his family were allowed to dry camp after figuring out that his reservation was lost due to some glitch in the reservation system. Which reminds me, if you use the ill-configured web site, make sure you call the front desk to confirm it went through to avoid any weekend wrecking reservation snafus. Enjoy!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 2

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
November 18, 2017
The host is right. It is a natural preserve - a habitat for hundreds of bird species. All information clearly informs you about the mosquitoes as well as the birds and the seals. Any abatement would be detrimental.
1 results - showing 1 - 1