4.1 129
California 117952
July 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Even though we haven't stayed at this FamCamp (I've been through the camp on more than one occasion while at Travis on business), I'm giving high marks for Location, Facilities and Value but I'm giving low marks for Hospitality and Overall Experience. I feel that I'm being generous with the 2's as I was lied to by the MWR manager about their pet policies. Yes they do allow pets, but ONLY if you have 1 or 2. That can be any combination, 2 dogs, 1 cat/1 dog, etc as long as they total 2. When I questioned the policy (as we've stayed in numerous military campgrounds around the country with 4 small dogs with no issues), I was told the policy had been set by the base command, and it included family housing, and that they couldn't deviate from that policy, I was content to accept it; however, I still have contact with several individuals that work on base and asked if they knew anything about this policy. Well, lo and behold, I've found out that the base command does not restrict the number of pets that are brought to the FamCamp or to family housing, that policy has been set by the MWR manager; to top it off, she selectively chooses which rules she enforces and when. It's common courtesy to clean up after your pets, but that isn't always enforced, even when the staff sees your dog poop and you walk away from it. As a result, I will not be staying at this camp any time soon!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts