4.4 37
California 76312
13-14 May 2010
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This base in a pretty country-side setting among rolling hills and farmland about 8 miles west of Petaluma. It was very quiet with deer and wild turkey roaming the area. The base is relatively isolated yet it does not have a commissary or exchange - just a small mini-mart. We came to visit Point Reyes National Seashore which is 25 miles away. There is no parking at the office in the gym - had to park at helo pad about 200 yards away for check-in. Only 6 sites, with 30 amp and no sewer. Overflow is no longer available. All 6 sites were reserved for the weekend so I had to leave after 2 days. Dining is available at the chow hall but I was a little disappointed in the quality of food. They ran out of some items halfway through serving hours. But you can't beat the price. I thought that $16 was a bit high for 30 amps and no sewer. I had just left the FamCamp at Travis where full-hookups with 50 amp and sewer and a full selection of cable TV was $17. And a large exchange and commissary were just blocks away.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 3

Comments

To write a comment please register or