3.7 34
California 101350
Dec 1, 2008 - Jan 11, 2009
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We stayed at one of the full hook-up sites for 30 days and then moved to one of the electric/water only sites for the remaining 11 days we were there. Camp Pendleton is a huge base and Lake O'neill is somewhat isolated from the rest of the base. There are no shopping facilities close by, but you can drive to the exchange and commissary for any needs. I was told by the host that there was a laundromat on rattlesnake road, but I never did find it so we ended up doing our laundry off base. The showers were cleaned every day, but the condition of the floors and the restrooms was obviously not the best. The number of showers was limited and on at least two occasions we had to wait in line. The cost of Lake O'Neill is the same as Admiral Baker in San Diego, but for what you get it is a little out of line. There is golf at the Marine Memorial golf course for those who golf, but while I was there they announced that the club house would be shutting down due to lack of business. The course itself wasn't in the best shape due to the fires they had last fall. Several of the greens were in the process of being replaced due to fire damage. Overall our stay wasn't that bad, and we will probably go back only because of the time restrictions at Admiral Baker and the fact that Admiral Baker stays full most of the time.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 1

Comments

To write a comment please register or