California 194064
June 07 and December 07
(Updated: December 23, 2007)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We are one of the those families who can't say enough about the Sea Breeze experience. We categorize the places we park the rig as either a "campground" (cozy trees, scenery, running streams) or "parking lot" (concrete pads, paved roads, scant vegetation). Sea Breeze is obviously a "parking lot" but, it is the BEST parking lot we have ever stayed at. The sites are all VERY wide (we are able to park our 5er and truck side by side with room to spare), free of obstacles, clean, paved, and level. The amenities are tops with a RV wash station, free washers / dryers, ice machines, and a bathhouse that looks like it belongs in a quality hotel. They even make an effort to landscape around the hookup sites. Topping it off for families it has a playground and ball field right next to the park. That aside, we use the park as a launching point for DisneyLand vacations. The only other "comparable" park costs 3-4 times the rate the NAVY charges. They even have a small medical clinic at the base that will see limited small ailments (active duty), no questions about tricare, or interservice junk, from walk in to walk out--with drugs--was less than 15 minutes. The only downside is they seem to have a administrative / bureaucratic problem with their office staff and making reservations. On both occasions I made reservations and took the effort to confirm reservations at a later date. Later (as our usual procedures are), as we are heading out the door to the campground--I get weird phone conversations like "who are you?" and "we don't have any space" or "there are no more pull-throughs available". My trick is always to have their names and dates I made the calls available to "remind them" of the previous reservations. This time when I pulled in, after being assured there were no more pull-throughs open, the front desk told me if something was open--just take it--and they will work it out in the morning. Sure enough, there were 5 or 6 open pull-through sites available, and after confirming with the camphost it was okay, we pulled in and set up. This did cause some frustration with another camper who was clearly waiting for a similar site and wanted to know how we "jumped the line"--I referred him to the camphost. The campground is absolutely the only place we will ever stay at in the area--highly recommend it--just make sure you have reservations (and the names / dates) before you come.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or
Cron Job Starts