3.6 3
California 43821
April 27, 2020
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We spent a week at this campground during COVID-19. The RV Sites are brand new, we were the first ones to use it. I'm guessing they added about 75 new sites with full W/S/30 and 50 amp service. Each site had a stand up grill and new concrete picnic table. The sites were plenty big enough to handle my 41' 5th wheel. There is a separate pad to park your TV. They offer propane in the campground. There is a brand new Community Center, shower house, and laundry area but they were closed due to COVID-19. The campground is located on the same road as the Class VI, and about two miles from the 24 hour Shopette, Commissary, and PX. Wi-Fi is not very good but they are aware of the problem and working to fix it. The base is too far away from civilization for local TV. According to the MWR manager, plans are in the works to add several new MWR facilities to include zip line. The campground sits at a little higher elevation than the housing area. It's very windy in the campground, much more than housing. A word to the wise, don't plan to use your awning. In all honesty, as far as the site, one of the nicest I've ever had. The location is the problem.....it is Fort Irwin, But at $15 per night, it's a great deal.
Fort Irwin RV Site
Fort Irwin RV Site
Report this review Was this review helpful? 17 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or