4.5 201
Arizona 180686
January 20, 2015
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

Agave Gulch is losing its FamCamp host this month and things won't be quite the same. Pam/PJ has worked very hard to maintain order in this huge community of retirees. It's easy to guess how challenging this is, particularly if the FSS/CC won't remove unsuitable guests. Having traveled extensively with my RV (12 military Famcamps in the last 18 months), I know that Davis-Monthan is the best run, hands down. I hope they find someone equally capable to preserve this great privilege we winter wanderers all enjoy. The new laundry room on the south side of the park opened this year, and instead of it being tiny and crowded as was feared, it's enormous and has great appliances and a big folding table. Great job, DM! Sunny and warm here this month...the Annual Tucson "Gem, Mineral and Fossil Showcase" begins on the 31st of January and runs until mid-February. Several sites are open at this writing....
Report this review Was this review helpful? 9 3

Comments

6 results - showing 1 - 6
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
January 23, 2015
Pam/PJ was not a host, she is/was the manager of the famcamp. Are you saying Pam is leaving at the end of the month? WOW, if so, this is significant loss. I think she has done a great job running that park and it shows. If that is the case, I wonder how many of the Hosts she has working for her will not return. Hope this isn't the beginning of a down hill slide for this park.
March 22, 2015
You have to be kidding me, in your obviously self important view what is a "unsuitable" guest? Perhaps a former enlisted member or mabey a Army retiree? You see, our stay here has exposed us to those and other preduiced attitudes. Very unhappy here should have never contracted to stay as long as we did. Faviortisiam and prove ledge is abound here with unhealthy group polarization even dicticating who goes to what campfire. Whew, paradise in decline at DM
March 30, 2015
In reply to an earlier comment

I totally agree.
March 30, 2015
Pam's departure is great news, despite the moans from the fawning, worshipful cult at her going away party. Now perhaps they can hire a manager who is not bent on showing her authority by arguing with her guests, and can actually answer legitimate questions without becoming duplicitous ("the software system won't let us do this"), and hostile. Hopefully some of the sour/salty hosts go with her, as well.
April 09, 2015
I think some of these comments are from a few of the problem people in the park. Some people are never happy with anything. A few are trying to live in this park and have to follow the rules. I hope whoever they hire enforces the rules and doesn't allow this place to become a trailer park or long term permenant residents. I know there are a couple basically doing that now and want to argue about everything. I also have never experienced a host with a bad attitude, they have always been helpful and pleasant.
July 10, 2015
In reply to an earlier comment

We were there for one week, and based upon your gossipy assumptions, you obviously haven't been in quite a while.
6 results - showing 1 - 6