Arizona 152454
Aug 1st, 2012
(Updated: August 15, 2012)
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

We arrived without a reservation because we were traveling and not knowing when we would stop for the night. We went through a heavy rain between Page and Flagstaff, which caught up to us just after we finished our hookups. There was a full length Class A just across from us, so big rigs can be accommodated. If you own one I would definitely recommend that you call for reservations. We had 30 amp service. While walking through the campground I noticed a rv site with no hookups, if you are just passing through, and can dry camp, you might ask the desk about this. If you are passing through the area on I-40, or planning on seeing the Grand Canyon, this campground is easy to get to. I first used this campground in 1993 using the yurts, followed by tent camping. This was my first time in a RV. Luke AFB does put your money back into the campground. Trees have been thinned to widen the roads, but you still must proceed slowly and use a spotter to get situated on your site. The retail store was under construction while we were there. If you are tired of parking lot style RV parks come see this one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or