3.4 33
Alabama 99634
September 2014
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

First the positives - The campground sits on Lake Martin just outside of Dadeville, AL. The view to the lake was beautiful. There are several shaded sites which is nice. Unfortunately the CG is not well maintained. The manager (??) told me they have a had difficult time for the past 3 years and are barely making it. He said he was short of help and didn't know if they could survive another year. I realize that all rec facilities must be able to survive on their own. He hinted that this CG downfall started when MWR stopped funding and when the "full timers" were made to move out. I checked out the bathhouse and decided I would not use it. Again poorly maintained and not very clean. The site we were assigned to as well as 3 or 4 next to us were gravel and narrow. It was impossible for us to completely level our TT. The sides of the parking area had a severe slope of 2-3 feet. In order to walk down to the lake edge you had to carefully maneuver down that slope. They did have some broken cinder blocks in the gravel as "steps" but it did not help much. Dangerous. I slipped a couple of time. We were to stay 3 nights but left after 2 nights. Didn't feel comfortable on this narrow gravel parking pad (only big enough for our TT), the fact that we couldn't really get level and were at the lake edge. Didn't want our trailer rolling into the lake. To top it off the fish weren't biting. We stayed here in a 30' TT. Sad, it could be a very nice campground. We probably won't stay here again.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
To write a comment please register or
September 08, 2014
We were told the exact same thing and the bath house by the travel trailers were horrible molded and filthy with a sink hanging off the wall. We had to use the bath houses by the beach area which were better but the door did not lock. The pillows in the travel trailer were even mildewed and coffee in the pot. Apparently the girl who is the cleaning person doesn't do her job and by the looks of it lives there too. She had 2 different families come in while we were there. I would think a little bleach and some yard maintenance wouldn't be very costly. Nice lake and overall we had a good time but probably wouldn't go back. Looked almost deserted.
1 results - showing 1 - 1